Digital Video to CD - problems with break up

raytoo 18:48 24 Sep 03

I have a problem with the final output when transferring Digital Videos from my Panasonic NV-DS60 Camcorder. The final recorded Digital Video on CD is fuzzy with what appears to be pixel break-up on both my DVD player linked TV and Computer screen. I have tried Showbiz, MGI VideoWave 5, Ulead VideoStudio 7 trial and Pinnacle Studio 8 trial software packages, burning to CD in MPEG1 and VCD and SVCD formats; SVCD format is not recognised by my DVD player. When prompted I have selected area 2 (PAL) also. I have captured using MPEG1, CDV and SVCD (MPEG2) formats also with a variety of outputs. My PC profile is
AMD Athlon? XP 2100+ Speed 1740 MHz Processor.
Windows 200 Professional
512 MB DDR RAM 75 GB Hard Disc
CDRW, DVD
NVidia GeForce 2.64 Mb Graphics
17? CRT Screen
PCI ?FWTL Ver b Firewire card.
Can your readers help?

Qmar 20:39 24 Sep 03

... perhaps get it done professionally...

see this thread..

click here

phredd 00:34 25 Sep 03

I'd be inclined to look at your CD burning setup rather than the video creation software. Are you sure there is not a buffering problem during burning? Are you using top quality CD blanks (not the 50 pack for a fiver variety)? Have you ensured there is no other process running during burning that could cause interruptions or interference to the process? The dithering of picture image sounds like that sort of problem to me.

MichelleC 09:24 25 Sep 03

Is the output to tape ok? If so I'll agree with phredd that you need to look at the burning process. Burning is not quite as resource sensitive as ptt 9printing to tape) but all non-vital b/g progs, especially av should be off.

Ensure the dv basics are done:

DMA enabled on hd's, main prog on 'c' and editing etc on another hd, defragged hd's.

Also have a look at your paging memory and increase if necessary - probably 2 -3 times your ram.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…