Digital video from camera to DVD

richierich 13:00 08 Sep 03

I know I can download my digital video camera to PC then burn it to DVD. But what I would like to know;
Is there a standalone DVD writer that I can just download the digital video straight from the camera without bothering going through PC.

The Sack 13:33 08 Sep 03

No as the data needs authoring as DV doesn?t come out of the camera as VOB files etc.

siouxah1 16:24 08 Sep 03

If your camcorder has I link/firewire/IE1394,or whatever the number is, then this is possible.

You will need a standalone DVD recorder that has firewire in. Most have s video or analogue in.

You will be able to write directly to DVD R or RAM.

One such recorder is the Pioneer DMR E60. This will write your camcorder input straight to disc, RAM,DVD-RW,DVD-R, in real time.

It does however come at a cost. Presently about £400.

Click here for starter information. There are of course many more than just the Pioneer. But I do know that this machine seems to write to relatively cheap -R media which is proving very compatible.

click here

Regards Brian j

siouxah1 16:27 08 Sep 03

PS you will need to obtain information to confirm that any such machine can 'SEE' your camcorder and is compatible.

Brian j

richierich 16:31 08 Sep 03

I will need to find more info.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…