Digital TV through PC

lazanda 11:59 29 Jun 06

I have a philips freeline PC and have just managed to get media center to show the TV on my PC. I have plugged it into my set top box via coax cable as the book says but can still only get 5 (grainy) channels.

Is there anything additional I need to do to get digital channels?

Can I adjust the signal strength somehow for my present channels?

or am i doing something completely wrong and need to buy more kit

Thanks for any guidence

Paul.

Stuartli 12:29 29 Jun 06

It sounds as though you only have an analogue TV card - you need a DTB (Digital Terrestial Broadcasts) card for Freeview such as the Twinhan DTB-ter in either Freeview or Digital+Analogue form.

An alternative is the external type such as that from Freecom, which now costs around £30 or less (see click here).

lazanda 14:16 29 Jun 06

Thanks for this. I do have an analog TV tuner, yes - i just thought if it was plugged into my digi box it would work.

This thing looks really good and easy though so I'll give it a go.

If anyone else has ever used one of these let me know if you have any comments

Thanks again

Paul

herbyeel 14:20 29 Jun 06

This may help you I have a fujitsi/siemns pc with WMC due to a mistepretation of the instructions I thought that I had to have a digi box to get digital but could only get the 5 terrestial channels. What I did not realize was I did not need the digi box and instead connected the coaxcable straight to the arial socket I then followed through the instructions and scanned getting all the freeview channels.

I hope this helps regds Herby

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant