Digital TV to DVD

lordwanswell 22:00 30 Jan 05

With my new TV card I can record digital TV to my HD as an .mpg file. But I cannot work out how to burn this to a DVD with Nero 6, as it says the files are not compatible. Surely such a transfer should be straightforward. Any advice how to do it, or better freeware burner that will oblige?

stalion 22:20 30 Jan 05

you have to use nero vision express

stalion 22:20 30 Jan 05
  lordwanswell 23:26 30 Jan 05

Stalion- thanks, but Nero VE still doesn't seem to be able to deal with the mpg files.

stalion 23:32 30 Jan 05

try this it's free
click here

johnnyrocker 23:44 30 Jan 05

burn as data?

johnny.

Stuartli 09:44 31 Jan 05

My TwiHan Freeview PCI card uses MPEG-II digital recording but I've never attempted to burn any recordings to disk - in fact I've never done any recordings...:-)

Seems a bit silly when I have an all singing, all dancing VCR.

topdude 18:23 31 Jan 05

As above i use a Twinhan PCI TV card and record to my Hard drive. The files are saved as MPEG 2.
These are always recognised be Nero and write to DVD ok.

If you have the older nero6 you can download the "Reloaded" version from the nero website and try that. I have tried both and had no problems.

lordwanswell 18:47 02 Feb 05

Thanks Topdude. How do you use Nero to get your result? With me it just says the file is not compatible. The web site and tutorials are not much help.

lordwanswell

lordwanswell 20:38 02 Feb 05

Trying Nero 6 again, I find I can play the mpg file from my HD in Nero Showtime. However, in Vision Express 2 I when trying to add video to a new project I just get the message "unable to insert file [filename].mpg" Am I just doing something wrong?

lordwanswell

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…