Digital TV Card ?

CFC23 12:05 02 Jan 09

Happy New Year to all you good folks!

My MCE computer on XP came three or so years ago with a analogue TV card fitted. This has worked well but with the change over to digital I need to change to a digital tuner.

I see that some of the latest ones are PCI-Express. I do not have PCI-Express slots in my computer only normal PCI. I am looking for recommendations for a "best buy"

Thanks in anticapation.

Stuartli 13:33 02 Jan 09

If you want the lot in one card, see:

click here

Otherwise one of its Freeview TV cards (i.e. analogue plus digital):

click here

CFC23 15:34 02 Jan 09

Thanks for that Stuartli.

I have had a look and they are all PCI-Express or for Vista in the spec. Or am I missing something?

Stuartli 19:23 02 Jan 09

Appears so. The first link system requirements states "a spare PCI slot"..and "Visita or XP 32bit with Service Pack 2":-)

Stuartli 19:24 02 Jan 09

I'm sure it will be similar for the D+A Freeview models as Hauppauge has been manufacturing such cards for many years.

CFC23 19:44 02 Jan 09

Stuartli, sorry about that, I missed that bit.
In the small print it does not use the MCE remote control but uses it's own. I had hoped to avoid yet another remote. So still looking.
Thank You.

Stuartli 00:01 03 Jan 09

Many (most) TV cards have their own remote control.

The Twinhan I mention has a remote control but I prefer to do it via the computer (i.e. with ShowShifter).

CFC23 10:23 03 Jan 09

Stuartli,both you links were for Hauppauge.
I will have a look at the Twinhan you have mentioned in your last post and also having a look at Pinnacle.
Don't want to spend very much on a three year + computer. I had naively thought I would be able to just buy a card to replace my analogue one and use Media Centre as before with existing remote.

Thanks for all you help,I will give it a tick.

Stuartli 11:30 03 Jan 09

Absolutely correct...:-)

There is a similar thread running in which I refer to my Twinhan Freeview TV card - it was a subconscious reference on my part in this thread. See:

click here

CFC23 11:37 03 Jan 09

Thanks Again!

Stuartli 11:38 03 Jan 09

Some hybrid TV cards:

click here

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now