Digital Stills cam - viewer to PC

Paroxetine 10:14 07 Jul 03

Hi all,

More a confirmation then a question really.

I have a stills digi camera (Minolta S414) which has the ability of AV to a TV screen, so you can view images and also what you see through the lens is what you see on screen. With this in mind i thought I could then use it as a web cam.

The cable is the traditional jack plug to RCA lead, so I take it I would need something to input that signal into the PC, say a TV capture card and adapter for the cable termination. Is this correct? How would I do it otherwise?

Suggestions as ever, warmly received.

Many thanks

P

Patr100 15:52 07 Jul 03

Yes, I would think in terms of getting an input , a TV card from around £30 or so would be the cheapest and simpliest optiuon. However you would need some software to provide the cam facilty. I don't know of one suitable. It's possible some TV cards might come with some suitable program that is compatible with it's hardware but you need to check first.

Paroxetine 16:11 07 Jul 03

thanks patr100, with your comments in mind, anyone able to recommend a card and software that would be able to do the job at hand?

Many thanks , P

BrianW 16:44 07 Jul 03

Can you not do this using the USB cable? I think that I have read somewhere how to set this up, but can't find it in either the manual or in the PDF file that comes with the camera (I have the 414 as well). It may be worth checking direct with the Minolta help desk? I have found them very helpful and quick to respond. Let us know how this works out, I have been wondering about doing this as well but so far have chickened out. Have you gat a mains adapter for your camera? If so, where did you get it from (I think it will be essential for Vid Cam work).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…