Digital Signing and Audio Drivers

rafael 14:40 09 Dec 05

My computer tells me that the drivers for my soundcard (Audiophile 2496) arent digitally signed.

I have used the driver CD that came with my soundcard, and ive also used the latest driver which ive downloaded from the website of my soundcards manufacturer. But no matter which one i use, the same thing happens.

I dont know why this is happening, because i never had this problem in the past.

How can i fix this problem and get the sound working on my computer? (By the way, everything else is set up and working correctly, ie speakers; etc)

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:33 09 Dec 05

It doesn't matter if they are not signed just install them anyway.

Click OK at the not signed message.

rafael 18:40 09 Dec 05

As i said, ive tried using both the driver on the CD and the latest driver which ive downloaded.

It doesnt work, even if i click on "continue anyway" when it tells me that the driver isnt signed.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:26 09 Dec 05

Is there any exclamation marks aginst the card in device manager after you have installed the driver?

rafael 22:03 09 Dec 05

no. everything is set up fine. the issue seems to be with the unsigned drivers.

How do i sort that out?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:46 09 Dec 05

No exclamation marks mean the driver is installed OK.

If you have no sound then the problem lies elsewhere.

Do you have the spakers in the correct soket (green)

are they muted in Audio settings?

Sound setup
click here

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:47 09 Dec 05
  GaT7 22:48 09 Dec 05

From click here

<<To set file signature verification options:

1. Open System in Control Panel.
2. On the Hardware tab, click Driver Signing.
3. Under File signature verification, click:

* Ignore to allow all device drivers to be installed on this computer, regardless of whether they have a digital signature.

* Warn to display a warning message whenever an installation program attempts to install a device driver without a digital signature. This is the default behavior for Windows.

* Block to prevent an installation program from installing device drivers without a digital signature.

NOTE:
* To open System, click Start, click Control Panel, click Performance and Maintenance, and then click System.
* If you are a logged on as an administrator or as a member of the Administrators group, under Administrator option, click Apply setting as system default to apply the selected setting as the default for all users who log on to this computer.>>

rafael, this is your previous post about sound problems with your Audiophile 2496 click here (see page 2 for the rest). Are you sure you have the speakers connected correctly? You didn't get back after our last postings. G

GaT7 22:52 09 Dec 05

Good link Fruit Bat. See the rafael's previous post click here (see page 2 as well), so you know what advice has already been offered. G

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 23:01 09 Dec 05

Crossbow7

Had not realised this was a second Thread of a previous problem.

Looks like you and wee eddie (curling Floyd fan) have spent sometime on this.

:0)

GaT7 23:11 09 Dec 05

"the rafael's" - beginning to sound like Thierry Henry ;0) G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…