Digital Satellite receiver not computer

woodchip 13:45 11 Aug 04

As anybody have any experience with Digital Satellite receiver's, if so what and how many English channels. As I have seen a Digital Satellite receiver advertised that can get, Astra,Astra 11, Eutelsat Hotbird, Turksat,Hellasat,Sirius and Hispasat

cga 13:57 11 Aug 04

Sky points to satellites at 28.2 E and you need a sky CAM module (only available in SKY box) t access any of these - or at least last time I checked. However some of these are free to air (don't need a subscription card)

With the normal Free 2 air boxes / decoders you will be picking up from one or more of the other satellites you mention - but be aware these are at different locations (Hotbird 13E & 16E , ASTRA 19.2E etc.). Unless you have a motorised dish you will have to select one of these (or 2 if you have a twin LNB)

There are a smattering of free English language programs on these but not a huge number.

For more info click here , click here

woodchip 14:19 11 Aug 04

No this is a Digital Free to Air, none Sky box

cga 14:29 11 Aug 04

agrred - I was just trying to differentiate between the 'free' digital channels on the 28.2E satellites and those on other satellites.

I will make one reservation on my previous comments. I have not tried accessing the BBC programs at 28.2E since they ceased needing a viewing card. Might be possible with a Free 2 air decoder.

Astra 28.2E (actually a number of co-located satellites) carries no analog. Others do but are moving more & more 2 digital.

Examples of free programs you can get on Eutelsat/ Hotbird in English are Deutsche Welle/ BBC Word/ Euronews.

woodchip 14:37 11 Aug 04

Is it posible to get USA

woodchip 14:40 11 Aug 04

Receiver is £49.99 and a 80cm Dish £14.99 LNB £3.99 Finder 3.99

woodchip 14:43 11 Aug 04

and a three year warranty

Salinger 14:46 11 Aug 04

That is obiously the one from Aldi. Not a bad price, but you will NOT get any US satellites on it (they are way over the "horizon". Check this for lots of info click here

woodchip 14:49 11 Aug 04

Salinger 14:58 11 Aug 04

Aldi/Lidl, never can remember who is doing what, lol.

woodchip 15:12 11 Aug 04

Is it worth the Cost?????

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…