Digital projector and TV connection

colh 09:09 28 Jul 05

Can anybody out there tell me if there are digital projectors on the market that connect DIRECT to a digibox for tv presentations? I am looking to buy one for use on special sporting occassions etc. I have one at home (ACER 1100), but have to connect via a VCR and the resultant picture is slightly blurred. Can connection be accomplished without the VCR and, if so, what would be the best sub-£700 (if any) available? Most grateful for any advice.

Stuartli 09:24 28 Jul 05

The specification of your projector click here implies that connecting a digital set top box (or anything else for that matter) shouldn't be any problem.

Perhaps a Scart connection (from the set top box) with S-video and audio leads into the projector may do the trick?

colh 09:44 28 Jul 05

Thanks Stuartli, I have tried a scart connector with a 5m lead to the projector, but only get picture in black and white, hence I came up with the idea of adding a VCR to bridge the gap (VCR connected to digibox, audio leads and s video cables then go from VCR into projector. The projector works great with all outputs, but is a little blurry when projecting live tv (FA Cup was great when camera in close-up, but when scanning back to full pitch view, figures lost definition. I don't know, this may be common of all projectors, but I'm not sure. The specifications provided for other projectors seem to suggest they connect direct to digiboxes (Infocus X2 for example)but will distance between source and projector be a factor, as I have already found with mine?

Stuartli 09:53 28 Jul 05

Why not contact your projector supplier or the firm at the earlier link (click here) for any suggestions?

It might be a case of not seeing the wood for the trees as your projector is listed as coming with various forms of A/V connections...:-)

colh 09:59 28 Jul 05

Yeah, I think you're right. Will do. Cheers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…