Digital photos saving problem

de_de 10:25 15 Feb 04

When i upload and save JPEGS from my cameras onboard 2MB memory, its performs with no problems whatsoever. When i use the camera with my new 64MB smart media card, the JPEG file names/icons can be seen on the PC, but whenever i try to open them or save them, the PC completely shuts down and re-boots. No error message, or nothing. Im running Windows XP and the camera is an oregan scientific DShot 3 connected by USB. Ive tried viewing the the JPEGS just using windows explorer instead of various photo studio type software...all the same. This problem does not occur when i use my works computer, which is running windows 2000 professional. Any ideas?

Indigo 1 10:43 15 Feb 04

You could try updating your USB 2.0 drivers.

anchor 16:17 15 Feb 04

I don`t know what`s causing your problem, but you might consider trying a smartmedia card reader. These are quite inexpensive now.

On one review site I read this: "it seems reluctant to give up the pictures when you want to upload onto your PC".

Some driver downloads here;

click here

Col 16:25 15 Feb 04

Make sure your USB connection is direct to PC not a hub.

de_de 10:25 16 Feb 04

Thanks for the replies, I'll try the updating driver route and see how i get on

de_de 11:17 17 Feb 04

Problem solved....the driver on the CD that came with the camera was for windows 2000, although i was hard pushed to find a mention of this! I downloaded an updated XP driver off their website and everything is working fine. Thanks again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…