Digital Photos-Can't display as thumbnails

Blind Pugh 12:35 31 Dec 06

Can anyone help. I am a novice with the computor and Digital camera. When I download from my camera to a folder, I am no longer able to open them as thumbnails but have open them individually and they open in Microsoft Picture Manager, the logo which appears on each photo icon. How can I get them all to open as thombnails again

vinnyT 12:40 31 Dec 06

At top of 'windows explorer' select 'view' then 'thumbnails', you should be to see your photos, job done.

Hope this helps.

Technotiger 12:40 31 Dec 06

Hi, at the top of the Folder holding your images, there is a icon, last one on the right usually, right-click on this icon and then choose Thumbnails.

Technotiger 12:41 31 Dec 06

Sorry, that should have been ... Left-click

Blind Pugh 15:35 31 Dec 06

Thanks VinnyT and Technotiger for your respective replies, I have tried both and am still in the same situation, I can open the file, then, where each individual photo should appear there is only a blank with the Microsoft Photo manager logo in the middle. I can open each on an idividual basis but cannot view them all the same time. Any more suggestion? Since the logo changed to Microsioft Photo Manager from a logo which appeared to have a feather or quill pen in the centre of it, this problem has occurred.

Staz 15:41 31 Dec 06

jpg?

Gongoozler 15:47 31 Dec 06

If you still can't get the thumbnails, in Windows Explorer select View - Customize this folder - Customize. In the box "What kind of folder do you want? - Use this type of folder as a template" select "Pictures (best for many files)"

Technotiger 17:24 31 Dec 06

Is not the quill-pen logo from something like Ability Write, or similar program?

Also normally, downloaded photos from whatever source, are automatically put into My Pictures - what do you have, if anything, in your My Pictures?

Technotiger 17:25 31 Dec 06

Also can you tell us what letters appear after the . (dot) in the name of each pic? i.e. .jpg or .bmp or .jpeg ??

Gongoozler 17:34 31 Dec 06

If the files are pictures, then it's possible that you've associated them permanently with an unsuitable program. This is easily undone, but we do need to know what the file extension is.

Technotiger 18:09 31 Dec 06

Gongoozler - Blind Pugh is a Novice user!

File Extension is the .jpg bit .....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…