Digital photos

JohnB 15:47 17 Jan 05

When I try to copy or move images to an internal E drive, the drive whirs etc but when I reboot up a bubble informs me that there are files to load onto disc
I cannot find this folder and when I try to copy/move onto the disc it just will not take it.
E drive just fickers for a long time but no copying.
I have somehow loaded most images but lack just a few. Cleaning required?
Problem somewhere.
Any advice gratefully anticipated

wotbus@ 16:00 17 Jan 05

XP ?

JohnB 16:03 17 Jan 05

Thanks Wotbus - silly of me (newish to these forums!!)
Windows XP

topdude 16:06 17 Jan 05

Assuming you have Windows XP,

When you send or copy files to a writer (in your case the E Drive) they are stored ready to copy but you have to go to My Computer/E Drive and on the left hand menu or File Menu is an option to "Write these files to CD"

wotbus@ 16:10 17 Jan 05

Seconded topdude :-)

wotbus@ 16:13 17 Jan 05

P.S. I have been doing a lot of work with dig photo's just lately, with Studio 8 [making up slide shows for lounge DVD player, and I am amazed at the speed and quantity of HDD fragmentation. I run Diskeeper regularly now during an evenings work and it certainly makes it all flow a bit better. Dig photo work also eats memory so running Casheman may be an idea

JohnB 16:20 17 Jan 05

Thanks Wotbus
Casheman??

JohnB 16:25 17 Jan 05

Thanks Topdude
I have tried that but keep getting balloon message re 'Files waiting to be....etc
hence my query

Stuartli 16:26 17 Jan 05

It's the same if you use the best method of trasferring data (via a hard disk image file) and burning it to disk using Nero (probably other burning software as well); as the same area is used for such files it needs regular defragmentation.

wotbus@ 16:31 17 Jan 05

Agree. JohnB - Casheman is memory recovery utility, perhaps downloadable from this site [Search downloads/utilities/memory or hang on a bit and I'll try to find the link.

JohnB 16:33 17 Jan 05

Thanks again wotbus
Previous message I was quertying Casheman. Have not come across that word before.
Found my addition of Nero will look at videos but not my digtal images
very strange

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…