//some 3rd party need geo

Digital Photo Memory Card Problem

Fitto 16:27 23 Apr 05

I have an XD memory card for a Fugi Camera. My wife has a Smart Media card for her Olympus Camera. We have both experienced "Card Error" messages, the card is unusable. I have recovered the pictures using "recovery" software. Is there any way you can make the cards usable? Or is this a problem that you encounter within the world of digital photography? I have not formatted the cards using the PC, although I do, of course use a card reader.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:32 23 Apr 05

A common problem you can of course format the card in the PC however it is best to do it in the camera.

When the camera comes up with card error It won't let you format it.

If possible find someone else with a camera that uses the same type of card and ask them if it will format in their camera.

keith-236785 16:44 23 Apr 05

Fitto,

i live in Huddersfield, if you are close by you are welcome to try using my camera (fuji A202 XD card camera) to format or try to.

when you have used the card reader, did you delete the DCIM folder or the 100 folder(on mine)....that is where the photos are stored on an XD card. it might be reason for the error message and a simple format through the camera as already suggested would sort it.

good luck m8

Nelmon2k 16:54 23 Apr 05

Fruit Bat. I own a Olympus Camera and a XD card and I can format them when they have card errors.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…