Digital Photo Album Ideas

I’d be interested in any tips & techniques that other forum members use for producing VCD Photo Albums.

I’ll be getting a digital camera soon and have been thinking about how I’ll be creating albums to play on my DVD player, so we can view them on the TV.

I’ve been playing around with the options provided with Nero and the results are pretty good, I’m favouring the option of displaying 6 thumbnail images per page and producing an album to cover a year period.

I also tried VCDEasy but that seemed a bit basic.

Your comments will be most welcome.

Bagsey 22:31 11 Nov 03

I use Flip Album and find it very good. The basic program is Ok.
click here

Buzzard1 22:53 11 Nov 03

I have had good results with ULead Picture Show.
You can vary transitions and include music.

Thanks Bagsey & Buzzard1, will check these out.

Will leave post open a while longer for any other comments.

Spencus 19:42 12 Nov 03

Try Adobe Photoshop Album trial download,It will do all that you need, click here

critic-al 19:43 12 Nov 03

I have recomended this free software to friends and they are all agreed it is very good,it can create a photo slide show with up to 99 photos x99 on one cd,you can also add your own titles and also add any music of your choice to play in the background,that will play on dvd's without you having to change format.
click here

Lasse 20:06 12 Nov 03

I use Picture To Tv. You can add music and effects. You can download there trial software.
click here?

y_not 20:06 12 Nov 03

You mention VCD's - SVCD's produce a better quality.

Consider a programme that allows menus (with SVCD's you have to use the number keys on your DVD remote rather than the arrow keys).

This way you can set menus to take you straight to a particular month within the year.

Not as cheap, a programme such as Pinnacle Studio 8 allows up to 99 menus and unlimited number of photos per disc.

Remember, as time goes by, the cost of DVD writers continues to drop so the option, at some point in the future, to transfer the SVCD's to DVD's may become a consideration.

Happy snapping

keenan 20:13 12 Nov 03

Another excellent Free program click here and has nero burning plugins.

Thanks to all who responded.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Battlefield 1 review: Destructive environments, phenomenal graphics and an emotional campaign make…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Microsoft HoloLens hands-on review

How to use System Preferences in macOS Sierra (and Mac OS X): Complete guide to personalising the…