digital noise breakthrough

Aristocatman 20:59 07 Oct 03

I have a problem with noise breakthrough on my PC I get a continuous fizz in the speakers which changes sound if I move the mouse or wake the hard drive with the fizz is a sound like a slow running motor. The computer is slow & task manager will not show properly it flashes briefly on screen but won't stay. The sound is only present when logged on, up to the welcome screen from boot it is silent. I am also getting problems with netsharing, the problem computer is the connection to the net (ISDN no broadband yet)but netsharing is very unstable & even rebooting or changing account on the client computer will stop it working sometimes running the wizard will restore it, not always. Any ideas? it's driving me potty!

Aristocatman 18:56 09 Oct 03

Look like I managed to stump the Forum on this one - certainly got me foxed!

R4 19:08 09 Oct 03

I had a problem like this but without a network, gave trouble on the modem/web as well,it turned out to be my sound card was giving up and was generating noise/interferance on the system.

Aristocatman 07:55 11 Oct 03

I must admit that possibility had crossed my mind problem if it is as the sound card is built into the motherboard. As it is one of the small motherboards I have no spare slots for a seperate card but I could pull out my ISDN card & try one temporarly. Thanks for the suggestion.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…