digital card reader

ronecc 18:57 13 Jan 05

I use an external USB card reader for downloading my pictures. I usually insert my card and a window pops up with the pictures in it and small boxes with ticks to choose which ones to add to 'my photo's'.
For some reason this box has stopped appearing. I have tried right clicking the drive in 'my computer' and selecting Windows fax and piture wizard, but still nothing happens. It opens as a slide show that will not work. No matter what I select, even the software for my camera, it will only open with the slideshow. If I try to rotate the pictures I just get a 'not responding' sign.
I can load the pictures by opening my camera software, but I then have to start deleting the photo's I do not want.
I cannot remember just when it did not work for the first time, but I have recently installed SP2 for windows and wonder if that is causing any problems?

TECHNODIMWIT 20:15 13 Jan 05

try going to the manufactures web site as there may be updates for the reader.

Sethhaniel 12:31 14 Jan 05

as a seperate drive using windows explorer -
if so a program like Irfanview can show them as slideshow or whatever.

VideoSentry 13:18 14 Jan 05

I you can access the file ( as Sethhaniel states) try FinePix viewer click here. very good and easy to use ( I use it so it must be!)

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:44 14 Jan 05

Reset the file asscotiation for the picture files (jpg?)

My computer - tools -folder options -file tpyes

scroll down to the filetype (jpg) click change

select windows picture viewer

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…