Digital Camera.SAMPO DCE-211

clough 15:54 24 Jul 04

My Digital Camera SAMPO DCE-211 (a cheap one) is reconized by my desktop machine running Windows ME and is connected via the serial connector supplied with the camera. I now wish to connect it to my lap-top machine running XP Pro and, as this machine doesn't have a serial port, I want to connect it using a Serial to USB converter. This converter is already in use on the lap-top connecting a Serial mouse to a USB port, so the converter is no problem, but I can't get the lap-top to reconize the camera and I am not having any luck getting a different driver for the camera. So-o-o...has any body had any luck with this particular camera running Xp ?
Thanks
ormer

marjted 16:37 24 Jul 04

click here

No personal knowledge of this camera but it appears from this forum that it is not compatible with XP. Not very helpful I'm afraid.

jonnytub 19:12 24 Jul 04

try compatibility mode?

cga 19:31 24 Jul 04

What memory does your camera use? Could use a USB memory card reader instead?

User-324448 20:00 24 Jul 04

I had a similar problem with my Sampco, bought a usb card reader problem solved (Compact Flash)Prof

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This animated short film tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…