Digital cameras and Twain

gill 22:35 27 Jan 03

Hi All,
I have just bought a canon G2 digital camera and it came with Photoshop 5LE. As I already have Photoshop 6 I didn't think I would need the LE version. My problem is that it says in the instructions that after the software has been installed that I could open photoshop and find the download from the camera (CanonZoom Browser) in Twain but it isn't there.Any ideas as to why it isn't showing up or where I am going wrong? Many thanks in advance for your help. gill

woodchip 22:41 27 Jan 03

Is it usb, if so go to explorer connect your camera and look at the bottom of the left column for a removable drive icon or a camera icon you need to switch the camera on to view on lcd on camera, just click on camera or drive until you see the photo files when you know what you are looking for you can do the above from the open in your graphics program

gill 14:51 28 Jan 03

Hi woodchip, thanks for your answer. It is usb but I can't find anything in explorer apertaining to a "removeable drive or camera icon". Maybe I have mis-understood what you are telling me to do.
Regards, gill.

Diemmess 15:22 28 Jan 03

In spite of talking about Twain is there not the camera's own USB driver on the CD that came with it?

If there is, install it and then next time you plug the camera into the USB socket the extra "removable drive" should appear in My Computer.

Stating the obvious perhaps, but don't forget to switch the camera on to whatever data position is needed!

gill 16:05 28 Jan 03

Hello Diemmess,There is no mention of a USB driver but I have installed the "Canon Camera Twain" driver. I can down-load my pictures within the CanonZoom Browser but I thought when it said twain compiant that I should be able to down load from my graphic's software.I can get it to automatically open Photoshop when I connect the camera but thats as far as I can go.There is no means within P/S to import the pictures.Thanks for all the help.If I sound a bit vague about all this it's because I am.It's all very new to me.gill

Wes Tam ;-) 16:30 28 Jan 03

In your gateway software do you have an option as to where the pictures are downloaded.

I'm using Ricoh and it automatically saves to 'My Digital Pictures' (my option).

I then open PhotoPlus, Image Browser, and double click the picture I want to edit.

gill 17:31 28 Jan 03

Hi Wes Tam ;-)Thanks for your input. Thinking about what you said solved my problem.I thought I had to get them through the <File-Import-Twain>
but I just opened the picture file from the Canon browser file, (My Images) where it put the down-loaded pictures.Thank you all for your kind help.
gill.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…