digital cameras and memory card

johnnyrocker 11:16 11 Oct 03

a relative is going to buy a digital camera but hasn't got a pc, am i right in thinking that i can take his memory card and put it in my camera and download them to my pc with my program?
if not are there any decent reader/printers about?

cheers.

johnny.

mole44 11:19 11 Oct 03

yes if there the same type of card.

mark e 11:19 11 Oct 03

If your camera has the same type of card YES and try here.
click here

clayton 11:30 11 Oct 03

alot of the new printers out like canon have a socket to allow you to print direct from the camera ( camera & printer might have to be the same make )

pj123 11:36 11 Oct 03

The Epson 915 printer will accept all camera cards and print directly of the card. No PC needed. Obviously, it will only print what it sees. If the pictures need editing then a computer is needed. The printer can be bought from here click here for £129

shifty 13:05 11 Oct 03

The other option is card reader. Have a look at click here £13.94 inc postage.

Tim1964 16:39 11 Oct 03

Or take it to a latge supermarket like Tescos as thay have a photo printing machine that excepts all the card types, cdroms and has a scanner too. The pics can be reviewed/trimmed/red eye removed before printing.

Fishbox 12:49 12 Feb 04

I'm considering buying an Ixus II.Is there an upper limit to the memory card size it will take eg. 128/256 MB etc?Also is it worth buying a High Speed card?Finally,I have a PC - will I need a Card Reader?

byfordr 17:11 12 Feb 04

You will be able to plug it in via the usb ports. A reader makes things infinately easier. For readers click here Can't vouch for the others but had about 8 of the XD ones for friends and family with no troubles plugs straight in under XP.

R

Stuartli 17:53 12 Feb 04

You can buy a 7 in 1 USB 2.0 (backward compatible) card reader/writer for about £10 including p and p from click here.

I've got one that the firm reduced in price from £17.99 for that cost and it's both smart and efficient.

Fishbox 11:21 05 Mar 04

byfodr
Thanks for your comments.
Stuartli
I liked the customer reviews and the price so I've ordered one.Thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

Disney layout supervisor Rob Dressel on the challenges of visualising Moana

Siri vs Google Assistant