Digital cameras Computer World £50

astra46 16:18 20 Jun 04

What were these? I read the advert but i did not make a note of the model and make.

Are they any good? Does anyone know of any other good offers on digital cameras?

Migwell 16:38 20 Jun 04

BEST one at the moment was Jessops price matching the Fuji Fine 210 for £106 Retail is over £195 This is against 7Day Shop

byfordr 18:18 20 Jun 04

click here

2mp, flash, takes xd cards.

Just picked up one of these on a special offer. Mainly because it takes the same xd cards as my main olympus camera. Fine for taking a picture down the pub, wouldn't use it as a main camera. To be fair one of the best cameras under £100 I've seen. Definately notice the difference from my main 5mp camera.

Back to the old arguement you get what you pay for.

R

TommyRed 20:06 20 Jun 04

I'm sure Lidl were doing one, the price and specs impressed me. Around £150 for 5Mp and 3X optical zoom and a decent amount of memory (better than mine, 'cos I can't remember how much) it wasn't a known make BUT did come with a 3 year warranty. I'm sure the leaflet came with this weeks free local paper. Just checked their website but couldn't spot it. Give your local store a ring if your interested, I wish this was about when I paid more for a 2Mp branded camera with less warranty. HTH TR

woodchip 20:21 20 Jun 04

Forget big Mp sizes, As I was reading some info on Digi cameras, That said the Cheap Mp cameras are not worth the money as anything above about 3Mp starts to introduce noise into the Picture. Unless they have big lense and sensor. Like a SLR camera

TommyRed 20:36 20 Jun 04

I apologise I think it was in last weeks Lidl paper, so the offer may have finished. I have a fuji A204 only 2Mp 3X optical zoom and the pictures are brilliant and very sharp, but when I bought it was £165, they are a lot cheaper now and I think the model is the A205 click here less than half of what I paid, sick is what I feel. HTH TR

jonnytub 20:38 20 Jun 04

heres a site that will let you compare digital cameras and the differences in quality show when you use the picture comparison menu click here

jonnytub 20:42 20 Jun 04

also let me add that it isn't always the mp as woodchip states, but when buying a camera, look at the lens, is a no brand, own-brand or recognised brand? The lens is as important as the mp's when looking for high quality output.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…