Digital cameras?

allclear 13:23 22 Jul 07

Hello,

I'm looking to buy a good quality Digital camera. I don't have much experience with them and was just wondering what are the kind of things that I should be looking for and whether you could recommend any good quality cameras that are relatively cheap.

Thanks

pj123 15:50 22 Jul 07

What exactly is your budget?

Also whatever you go for make sure it has Optical Zoom and not just Digital Zoom.

Have a look here: click here

Use the lefthand column to select your price range, or brand, or resolution etc.

Stuartli 15:59 22 Jul 07

Have you had a look through the Digital Photography section on the left of this page for general advice first?

Once you know what type of camera you require and the budget you have in mind, then you can narrow the choice down to a two or three models.

Then, if you have a Jessops or similar digital camera retailer near you, go and see these cameras, find out if you feel comfortable handling them and make a final decision.

Jessops will normally offer prices that are as good as anywhere else, so you will be able to buy it on the spot.

It is never a wise move just to buy a camera merely on looks and specifications - you wouldn't buy a car without a lengthy test drive first and it's no different with cameras.

DJfree33 15:59 22 Jul 07

Fantastic camera here click here we have got on and really happy with it, farther in law uses one to and uses the pictures to publish in fishing magazines so they have to be good. but depends on your budget.

Sparkly 17:04 22 Jul 07

I have recently bought the first one of these and i am very pleased with it.

click here

click here

hzhzhzhz 17:20 22 Jul 07

Sparkly

I bought same camera a month ago. All I can say is that for the money its an absolute giveaway.The 6500 that is.

woodchip 17:25 22 Jul 07

Although I have a Fuji S7000. I got a 8 in 1 Video camera from Maplin. Does all kinds of things Good stils aswell as Video, also Records TV etc. This one, it must have been on offer when I got it click here

PS it does not say but also works on 4 rechargeable AA batteries

anchor 17:25 22 Jul 07

Before we really can advise you, we need to know your budget.

Also, do you want a pocketable compact, or a digital SLR type, (something like this)

click here

This received "best buy" in Computer Buyer in May this year with the comments:

"If you've ever used a single lens reflex (SLR) camera, you'll know that they beat compact cameras hands down when it comes to quality and versatility. Digital SLRs used to be the preserve of professional photographers, but Nikon's latest model comes in at less than £400. That's still quite a lot of money, but if you're wondering whether the D40 is really twice as good as the average £200 compact, the simple answer is yes. Not only does the through-the-lens (TTL) viewfinder and lens rings give a much more insightful, tactile user experience than an LCD screen and buttons, but it's also considerably faster and takes vastly superior photos".

Eargasm 17:31 22 Jul 07

Iv'e just ordered this one £129

10 times optical zoom, 7.1 million pixels it gets some good reviews.

click here

dogbreath1 17:34 22 Jul 07

I've had a Sony DSC P10 and a Fuji Finepix S6500, both producing fine images.

Sparkly 19:14 22 Jul 07

Currys have the same one on offer for another £30 you get the carry case and a 1gig card to grt you going.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5