Digital camera without PC?

tanzanitre 20:27 07 Dec 04

As my dad has no Pc but is fascinated by the digital photography I thought I might treat him to a Camera and printer package that dosnt require a Pc.

I been looking at the Kodak range and reckon they seem the best choice.Im just wondering if theres other ways to store his pictures rather than him having to print them all out.Yes he could save them on memory cards but surely this would be expensive in the long run? If pictures can be viewed on tv could they therfore be recorded onto video?

All sugestions welcome

Salinger 20:30 07 Dec 04

Jessops and Boots have a service whereby he can transfer them to CDs

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:33 07 Dec 04

Or ASDA £5 50 photos

The CDs can then be played in a stand alone DVD player (£30) on the TV.

tanzanitre 20:35 07 Dec 04

Yes that sounds good,he has dvd player so that would be fine.How many pics would you get on a cd roughly?

tanzanitre 20:38 07 Dec 04

No ASDA here

CHAIRLEG 20:41 07 Dec 04

Hi tanzanitre.I have kodak easy share camera and printer dock and you get all the bits and bobs so you can plug into tele and record your phots on to video.

tanzanitre 20:44 07 Dec 04

Hi! can I ask what you think of the camera and printer? Is it easy to use, good print quality?

Salinger 20:49 07 Dec 04

How far away are you from your dad, you could put the photos on a CD for him - a lot cheaper than a commercial outfit.

Cook2 20:52 07 Dec 04

Just over 400 in ,jpeg format.

tanzanitre 20:52 07 Dec 04

I could if I wasnt moving to spain in the new year :-)

tanzanitre 20:54 07 Dec 04

Gees really!! That many on one cd....Crikey.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…