Digital Camera to TV connection

tristar 19:02 26 Feb 04

Hi,
I've just bought a new digital widescreen TV.
It has sockets allowing a digital movie camera to be connected to the set, allowing pictures to be shown on screen.

I have a Fuji digital camera that I can connect to my PC using a usb connection. Is there an adapter that would enable me to connect my camera to the TV?

Regards,

Tristar

Gongoozler 19:05 26 Feb 04

If your camera has video out, you should be able to get a cable to make the connection. My Sony has a miniature jack socket, my daughters Nikon uses the USB socket. You need to refer to the manual for your Fuji.

tristar 19:10 26 Feb 04

Sorry, I didn't make it clear, my Fuji is a digital STILL camera

Gongoozler 19:14 26 Feb 04

Hi tristar, that's what I assumed. My Sony lets me use the tv connection to view the scene in place of the LCD display or to show the pictures after I've taken them.

Gongoozler 19:17 26 Feb 04

Sorry, I assumed that bit correctly, but I think you mean a digital signal from the camera. I'm referring to analogue sigals. Unless your camera has digital outputs, I don't think you will get an analogue to digital converter without spending a lot of money.

woodchip 19:18 26 Feb 04

As Gongoozler say's you have to have the Video out on the Camera if it as not got one you have had it

tristar 15:05 27 Feb 04

Thanks, Fuji has just told me the same thing.

Ah, well............

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…