Digital Camera, saving photson HDD

cagey 13:40 14 May 03

I have a Minolta Dimage 2300 camera. I opened my photos using a compact flash card reader. Then using Win XP I successfully renamed them in groups eg. Christening, jubilee, 70 birthday etc. I then copied them to a CD. However when I took my camera with the CF card in, to show friends who do not have a computer or DVD/VCD player, when I connected it to the TV the only photos it displayed were some miscellaneous ones I did not rename. With hindsight I realise that I should have copied them to HDD first, what should I do to enable these to be shown. And also how do I save them to Hdd first; Win XP does not appear to have a "SaveAs" facility.

graham√ 14:49 14 May 03

This is what I do : create a new folder on the desktop by right-clicking. With the card in the reader, reader connected to PC, open My Computer and you should see 'Removable Disk F'. Keep double-clicking until you see your pictures. Make that screen small so it can be moved, move the new folder until you can see it as well, and away from other icons. Now drag and drop the pictures you want into the folder.

hssutton 15:50 14 May 03

Hi cagey if I understand you correctly, you renamed and downloaded successfully to your H/drive and copied onto CD. However if you rewrote the renamed files back to the C/flash your Minolta will not be able to read them, (this is very easily done, I did this once, but fortunately I was able to recover them with a freeware file recovery program). Once an image on the C/flash has been altered in anyway your camera will not read them.

cagey 17:38 14 May 03

hssutton Any idea what the freeware file recovery program was. By the way, I used to go to a Sutton High School in Plymouth; any relation-just joking.

hssutton 19:48 14 May 03

Cagey this is the software I used click here.

With regards to "Sutton" this refers to Sutton on Sea Lincolnshire

lindyloo4 19:50 14 May 03

I'm using winMe but what I do to copy them to hard drive is once the photos have downloaded click Edit - select all - copy to folder.

Regarding your photos which are no longer visable on your card. Does the counter of number of photos on the card still think they are there?

The first time I ever downloaded photos I put them all in a folder in My documents - so I thought. I'd actually made the folder up on the card. I couldn't view them on the LCD but the card was telling me I'd used 50. Just an idea - if you reconnect your card to the PC can you still see them in the folders you made up. I could so I deleted the folder (after copying them correctly to hard drive)and the correct number of available photos was then showing.

If the folders do show on the card is it possible to reverse all the folder making you did and put them back into the Minolta folder.

I'm VERY much a novice myself but I hope this might help.

cagey 00:37 15 May 03

Thanks for help. I now know how to copy to HDD. I couldn't recover files using freeware recommended, but I have managed to retrieve them by renaming each one with a PICT00?? number, it took a long time but it was a means to an end.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Glassworks Barcelona shows how it captured the artistic imagination of Conor in A Monster Calls

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…