digital camera resolutions

geedad 13:25 30 Jun 06

I have been using a Kodak Mc3 digital camera for a few years now, ans it has given me respectable service. The movie mode is 320x240 pixels, and although the output of sound ith vision has been fair, I was looking to go up the ladder to a more expensive digital camera hoping for a smoother resolution. I did see a demo of a 640x480 @ 30fps, but wasn't impressed with either the sound replay nor the video which seemed less smooth than my old camera!
What is the best to look for ?
Is it VGA (640x480 @ 11fps) or QVGA (320x240 @ 20fps) or should I be looking at QVGA (640X480 @ 39fps.
Anyone with hands on experience I would appreciate your knowledge and advice.
I tested one camera at the last option thinking I would see some good results, but the flickering on the output was such that it was impossible to watch!
geedad

fitshase 16:07 30 Jun 06

If you are after a camera to capure video - I would go for a dedicated video camera for the best resolution and playback.

Regards

Fitshase

geedad 19:31 02 Jul 06

fitshase
Thanks for your advice.
geedad

TicTacToc 19:32 02 Jul 06

Or go for something like the Canon Powershot s2/s3

That has excellent photo capabilities and movie capabilities up there with consumer dv camcorders.

Bagsey 20:43 02 Jul 06

Instead of looking for a still camera that will take video try thinking the other way round. At the best still camers generally give limited video capture capability. However a Digital Video camera is available that has a memory card as an extra facility that is used to to store still images. My canon is such a camera which works very well, but there are others to look at.
My camera also has the ability to act as a pass through for loading analogue video onto the computer for editing without the need for a capture card. I think that this is probably a better way round to look at cameras.

bluto1 22:38 02 Jul 06

I`ve got the other Kodak Mc3 they sold. I was delighted with the pics but never used the movie application. Thanks for the warning about sound etc.

woodchip 22:47 02 Jul 06

I have a Fuji S7000 It does both at 30 Frames. Just like watching telly. but do not get a lot on a 512XD card only about 13 minutes at 320x240 or half that for 640x480 It will take a 1gb microdrive that doubles the above. click here

PS it is 10 Optic zoom not 6 as in the link

woodchip 22:48 02 Jul 06

I use a JVC for Video on mini tapes

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date and features: Google Allo is…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…