digital camera problem

buthead7 16:46 26 Jun 04

unable to upload images from camera to computer.all relevant software has been loaded but the error message says unable to connect with camera.I have a Canon powershot a60.this problem has also been the same problem with a previous camera,can anybody help.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:55 26 Jun 04

operating sytem? XP? and connection type USB? memcard or stick?

Diemmess 16:56 26 Jun 04

Forgive the obvious, but have you selected the right buttons on the camera?

On my Olympus I must select the viewer and switch the camera on.

Agent Smith 16:57 26 Jun 04

If the problem occurred with another camera it suggests, to me, that the problem may well lie with your USB connection. Try using another USB port or take the camera to a friends place to try on their PC.

grabster 18:25 26 Jun 04

does the camera show as a device on the my computer screen ? i have the same camera and when i get the problem you mention if i flick the switch on the top right of the screen it pops into life.
i would also check obvious things-battery power and usb connection.i tend not to use the zoombrowser software that came with the camera as its a bit picky about starting up so i usually download straight from the my computer screen.

golfpro 20:26 26 Jun 04

I also have the same camera, as grabster says plug in camera (usb)> go to "my computer> click on camera image> the camera will switch on and start downloading your photos. Better still get a card reader (they are cheap as chips) and down load from this, it saves your camera batteries.

buthead7 18:54 27 Jun 04

I think it could be the usb connection,how can I check that the two spare usb connections are active?

ton 20:15 27 Jun 04

Card readers are very cheap and work faster than connecting the camera.

Agent Smith 20:22 27 Jun 04

Try plugging a device that's known to be working into the ports, if necessary borrow a USB device from someone if you don't own one. Try a flash drive etc.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…