Digital Camera Problem

jaycup 20:27 08 Jun 04

I plugged in my Minolta Dimage S414 (as usual) to download some photos and my Computer would not recognise it. I have checked my USB cable and connection and it is working ok. I have tried to use the Camera and Scanner Wizard but it fails because it cannot find the camera. Is this a Registry problem?, as it has worked flawlessly since I first got the Camera a couple of months ago.

961 20:43 08 Jun 04

A couple of things to try...

USB connections are notorious for failing. Try wiggling (yes, wiggling) the connection into the computer. Try a different USB socket on the computer

Is the camera battery fully charged?

If none of this works, try a system restore to when it was ok last in case something in the software is corrupted

BurrWalnut 20:48 08 Jun 04

Another thing to try is plug in the camera and in System Properties, Hardware Tab click Add Hardware Wizard to see if it can be found.

Rogerfredo 21:09 08 Jun 04

The instruction manual recommends using a power adapter, or at least "fresh batteries" when downloading images.
I personally take the card out and use a USB 2 card reader instead.
You can get one of these for about £5 from Ebuyer.
(I also bought a power adapter from curries for £15, as opposed to the Minolta one costing £50, for those times when I need to take an unplanned photo and the batteries are dead).

jaycup 22:25 08 Jun 04

The camera is listed in Device Manager, the usb connection and cable is not a problem and the batteries are fresh. The problem is that the Autoplay function is not working so it is not picking up the camera when it is connected.

jaycup 23:05 08 Jun 04

Problem solved via a Microsoft repair patch which restores drives etc to their autoplay (detect) function, The camera is now being recognised and I have downloaded my photos, thanks for all the suggestions

shizzy 23:05 08 Jun 04

Can you plug the camera in, switch on and then find it as a removable drive in Windows Explorer. Load pictures from there.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5