Digital camera not recognised.Cover disc won't run

healthytoo34 12:08 15 Jul 05

Hi, I am trying to get pictures off my digital camera, but the coverdiscPropixel Plus won't run automatically, and i don't know how to start it. Can anyone help. I am using Linux, not XP.
It doesn't seem to recognise the camera as a Removable storage, even though mass Storage appears on the camera viewer.
Any ideas please?

john-232317 12:30 15 Jul 05

Never used linux, but you will probably need to load the software first. Put disc in cd tray, then in windows its Start, run, type in cd drive letter :\ possible similar in linux, this will show what is on the cd, then look for install or exe folder and double click, this should load software. Then open program and download photos.

If not wait for advice from a linux user

TomJerry 13:09 15 Jul 05

first step is to search net to find any linux driver for your camera

if you cannot find it, you can alway buy a media card read, just make sure the card read can work with linux, there are many of them, you can get a good one under £10 from Ebuyer (NOT Ebay) click here

TomJerry 13:14 15 Jul 05

Ebuyer External 16 in 1 USB2.0 Card reader in black £9.99 click here

Ebuyer All In 1 USB 2.0 Card Reader XD/MS/MS Pro/CF/CFII/SM/SD/MMC/MD Retail Packaged £9.99 click here

healthytoo34 09:56 17 Jul 05

I had a look on Google, but the loading up of a programme to use the camera with Linux was too complicated for me
Will a card reader be simpler and is it a cd that runs automatically?
I also have a driver on a cd for this Yamada camera but it wont run on the Linux system automatically and the above info does not apply to my system. I can see what is on the cd but when I double click on the .exe file, it says what programme would I like to use to download and having tried a number without success, gave up.
Any other advice before I buy a media card reader?

TomJerry 21:53 17 Jul 05

get the guy build linux sort it out for you

even with card reader, you still go to install driver Linux-way, CD will not run automatically, normally, you need to find the file and go to linux/unix command prompt and run it manually

healthytoo34 16:23 18 Jul 05

Thanks for all this help. I didn't realise it was so complicated

woodchip 16:34 18 Jul 05

Windows Cover disc will not run on a Linux Setup. It as to be Linux software for it to run Load etc

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…