Digital camera not recognised

Ç̧ÇØ 10:04 03 Sep 03

I have a canon powershot a20 and win xp. i have downloaded the latest wia driver but still acnat get my camera to work. i have uninstalled the driver and reinstalled it but it still wont work.
when i try to install the camera manually and i point to the wia directory, there is no camera type there. can anyone help me. is there some registery setting i need to change.?

thanks in advance

jakedawe 10:12 03 Sep 03

You're better off using a card reader.

alcudia 10:13 03 Sep 03

Canon again.
I didn't even think about installing my A70.
Just got a card reader. No problems at all £18 at Jessops.

golfpro 10:46 03 Sep 03

As they say don't bother connecting your camera, get a card reader it saves time and your batteries. and even if you change your camera in the future, card readers take all cards and memory sticks.

GroupFC 11:43 03 Sep 03

Just to balance alcudia's posting. I had no problem with installing my Canon A70. I just plugged it in and let XP do the necessary and hey presto there it was!

(As an afterthought it may have had something to do with me already having installed a canon camcorder but that again wasn't a problem!).

alcudia 11:57 03 Sep 03

It's possible that I would have been ok as well, but having had quite a few problems with Canon scanners I decided to take the easy route. If Cisco's won't install, the card reader is the simplest option.

Ç̧ÇØ 14:01 03 Sep 03

Thanks everyone, i think the card reader is the best option.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date and features: Google Allo is…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…