THE DIGITAL CAMERA NEVER LIES?

rotormota 07:44 22 Jun 03

I have an Oregon Scientific DS8228 digital camera. I have down-loaded photos to photo programmes along the way & I thought deleted them from the camera memory & card....at least that is what the camera indicates on the tft in playback mode.

However, my photo programmes are telling me they are still on card & internal memory hence I am limited as to how many photos I can currently take with the camera. Although the camera tells me they are deleted, both internal & card are of course showing limited space for new photos.

Am I missing something obvious??

Many thanks.

J

howard60 07:48 22 Jun 03

you could try the menu and either delete again or format the card. as long as you are sure you have them on your pc - 1 reason for a failed clearance is them not downloading correctly. If all ok but still no joy remove all batteries from the camera and wait a couple of minutes before restoring them.

rotormota 08:15 22 Jun 03

Hello H, strangely I have just managed to clear both card & memory by deleting on the pc via the camera file itself. Seems odd...I wonder if the camera is faulty?

I now have full cpacity back again.

Thanks.

howard60 08:41 22 Jun 03

good - try removing batteries - it clears the memory in the camera and everything should be back to normal.

vibrant 09:01 22 Jun 03

when that happens to my camera i have to format the card it has something to do with the way you downloaded them to your pc

Stuartli 09:47 22 Jun 03

I have found that if I delete pix whilst my Minolta is connected to my system (USB) then they are also deleted on the camera's memory card.

However, I then have to reformat the Secure Digital card in order to take more pix - if they are deleted using the camera's facility I don't have to reformat.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…