Digital camera link?

geoff47 13:38 23 Nov 05

I have been unable to view what is on my digital camera.

Previously I have connected the camera via USB cable and looked in My Computor to find an additional icon that is the camera.Now that is not happening.
Is it the camera settings,or have I changed something on the PC.

Using win98 and the camera is a Samsung digimax 201.
Any help appreciated

Diemmess 15:09 23 Nov 05

Two things to rule out faulty hardware.
(1)Can you still view your pictures in the camera?
(2)Do you confirm - no icon or removable "disk" seen in My Computer, when the camera is connected and switched on? Look fro perhaps a different position or drive letter from the one you used to see. Try even a different USB port in case that makes a difference.

Check in Control Panel > system > devices and look for any yellow marker in the USB part of the list you find there.

geoff47 17:51 23 Nov 05

Can still pictures in camera.
I can see no icon or removable disc in My computor,and I have changed the the port....and I did look under Devices and there is nothing wrong apparently.
I did all these before coming here...its a puzzle isn't it?

csqwared 17:56 23 Nov 05

I have an Olympus camera with Win98SE and before I could download pictures I needed to install drivers. Is it possible your driver file has become corrupted, try a re-installation of the drivers. All that pre-supposes you need drivers in the first place.

geoff47 19:41 23 Nov 05

Solved it...many thanks for your help,it was in fact the drivers.
I have just re installed them and all is fine.
Dont know why they were missing though.
I have been using the camera for some time and then problems....possibly deleted them myself by mistake to be honest.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…