Digital camera installation

Alftupper 22:49 31 Oct 05

I am running a win 98se computer and have tried to install 2 Web/digi cameras, both without success. After inserting the softwear, I am asked to insert my windows 98se disk which I do. It seems that set-up is trying to locate the required Drivers but basically there does'nt seem to be any on either disks.

Skills 23:08 31 Oct 05

Have you had a look on the manufacturers website for win98 drivers?

Stuartli 23:31 31 Oct 05

The software for your digtal camera should include the drivers for it - Windows 98SE was out long before such modern drivers were required.

woodchip 23:50 31 Oct 05

Are they Web Cams or digi cameras that will work as Web Cams?

Alftupper 10:17 02 Nov 05

Ist camera was a web cam Logitec express, which during installation asked for my win 98se disc but no drivers were found. I then tried a dual mode DSC(2770) unknown make.During the software installation I follow the install driver command and again it asks for my win98se disc to no avail. Both load easily onto my daughters XP machine.

woodchip 11:06 02 Nov 05

The Logitec express you should not have put the Win98 disc in, you should have put the supplied CD in and pointed windows to the driver folder. Go to Device Manager and remove all the USB, then restart without the Web cam plugged in. Now after windows as resorted the USB put the CD in the computer that you got with Logitec express run drivers and software install, after you have done that plug the Logitec express in. PS if you see any yellow marks in Device Manager remove them

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…