digital camera inputs/usb and XP

eccomputers 19:59 30 Jun 03

This may be of use to some of you, as I spent hours on the phone to Nikon and they couldnt resolve the problem. A customer of mine purchased one of their cameras and it wouldnt work properly on xp. The devices were all listed correctly, but the images wouldnt transfer.
The one thing which none of the documentation mentioned, or indeed Nikon didnt ask, was "is the pc on a network". When you connect the camera it wants to assign drive 'E:' as the camera but this was mapped to a network drive. By accident I noticed the device in admin tools as having no drive reference letter. When I unmapped drive E from the network, hey presto it all came into life. Nikon were astonished.

Despicable Desperado 20:56 30 Jun 03

Just for general info the first drive letter that should be used for a network drive is 'F', anything below that should be reserved for local use. This is the default standard used by all network installers/engineers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…