digital camera image size

palinka 18:04 11 Jan 03
  palinka 18:04 11 Jan 03

I have an Olympus C-220 zoom. Works well, excellent pictures and fine for my main purpose which is to illustrate a neighbourhood newsletter. But I also want to send them by email sometimes, and the images, stored as JPEG or as Exif-JPEG (whatever that is) are HUGE (600+ KB). Takes 3 mins to send a single picture by email (No cable or broadband where I live).
Before I bought my camera I borrowed a cheapo from a friend; JPEG files on that are much smaller. Can anyone tell me how to get my pics in a size that doesn't take an age to send by email. And does anyone know what Exif-JPEG is?

User-312386 18:07 11 Jan 03

most cameras have an option to re-size the picture

my fuji has the option when you look at them on the camera

or you could re-size them in either paint or a photo suite

spikeychris 18:09 11 Jan 03

Further to madboy >> click here

Stuartli 18:26 11 Jan 03

You need to use smaller resolution sizes (even 640x480 is good enough for e-mails); this will reduce the file size to around a third of what you are presenting achieving.

cyclingchef 18:50 11 Jan 03

I am not familiar with your Oly C220 zoom but there are a few free image editing programs that will allow you to resize photo's. '2020' is one from here click here. Do you have Windows XP? if so the built in Microsoft Photo Editor will resize your photo's. If you have XP I can tell you how to do this.

alB 18:56 11 Jan 03

Try photoresizer, free from click here resize and e-mail your photos without any hassle...alB

watchful 19:28 11 Jan 03

Thanks for that link - just what I was looking for.

graham 19:44 11 Jan 03

I found if I inserted the picture instead of as an attachment it solved the problem.

Bagsey 19:48 11 Jan 03

Have you tried the freebei that is on this months PCA Cd. I bet that will do the job for you. Or an old (Free ) version of Paintshop Pro.

graham 19:53 11 Jan 03

Thanks for the link, you replied whilst I was typing.
palinka, I have a 2040, good aren't they, Olympus?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…