digital camera Fuji FinePix A607 wont connect

magilly 17:04 17 Apr 05

I am trying to connect a Fuji FinePix A607 digital camera to a PC. Celeron 500Mhz , Windows 98SE , USB 1.1 . Fuji software installed latest usb drivers installed have tried various solutions. But everytime I sitch the camera on when connected by usb cable the computer freezes. I have tried it on a Windows XP Pro computer and it works fine. Any help gratefully recieved.

Stuartli 17:41 17 Apr 05

Try uninstalling and reinstalling the camera's drivers before connecting the camera.

If it works with XP (which doesn't require a driver to be installed) then this is probably the most likely cause.

jack 18:24 17 Apr 05

As you have the USB drivers
Try unistalling the FUJI software as suggested but before reinstalling see if the computer finds the camera on its own.

It is well know that the software supplied by camera makers is to say the leat crotchety, and if you can do eith out it it is best to do so.

magilly 21:34 23 Apr 05

have uninstalled software and re-installed,pc still freezes when i switch camera on whilst it is connected via usb cable. Have tried leaving camera on and resetting pc it still freezes.Pc sees camera I run fuji`s finepixviewer software pc freezes.Any ideas gratefully recieved.!

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:55 23 Apr 05

Uninstall finepix software.

Just leave USB drivers inplace.

Camera will show up in my computer as a new drive.

Copy the pictures from there but leave the folders in place on the card.

magilly 20:38 02 May 05

Tried uninstalling fuji software all bar the usb drivers.It nearly worked.Could see camera in device manager and removal drive in my computer.But soon as I clicked on icon in my computer same problem,computer freezes.I have tried camera and it`s software on someone else`s
98se computer.It worked perfectly,so its some combination on my system that it doesn`t like.What a pain!!!!

Technotiger 20:54 02 May 05

Hi, perhaps if you re-install Win98SE it will fix the problem. I believe it does install over an old installation without losing any of your data etc.

Mr Pres 21:14 02 May 05

Just use a Card Reader instead.

Technotiger 21:27 02 May 05

Hi, it may be that magilly wants to use it as a web-cam, my fuji finepix F810 makes a great web-cam.

Cheers.

Technotiger 21:28 02 May 05

Ooops sorry - Mr Pres !

Mr Pres 21:45 02 May 05

If the problem is webcam-linked then my answer was a waste of time.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…