Digital Camera disconnect probs?

rotormota 21:46 21 Sep 03

I operate WME & a digital camera connected via USB. To disconnect the camera I should click on 'eject hardware' icon in the taskbar but I do not have this. As a result simply pulling out the USB lead results in the pc freezing up sometimes.

Any ideas?

Stuartli 22:40 21 Sep 03

You should turn the camera off before disconnecting it otherwise you could lose any shots on the camera or have to reformat it.

The same principle applies when using memory cards in a card reader.

Perhaps reinstalling the camera's driver would allow you to enable the taskbar icon?

rotormota 18:36 22 Sep 03

Thanks, but I do turn the camera off first before unplugging but the pc can still freeze up.

The software/drivers cd which came with the camera was not required because WME already has drivers installed.

According to the camera instruction book, I should have that eject hardware icon but alas no.

Any other ideas?

GANDALF <|:-)> 18:42 22 Sep 03

Dump the software and get a memory card reader. They are about £12 from PCW or online. It solves all the problems with camera software and is easy to use. click here

rotormota 19:51 22 Sep 03

Thanks, I've got one built into my HP Officejet which I do use but it is sometimes convenient to use the USB.

I just want an eject hardware icon!

britto 20:14 22 Sep 03

Try installing the drivers ect. that came with your camera.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…