Digital Camera Connection

Mike@#36 09:11 30 Apr 03

I have been using my Canon camera without any probs until a couple of days ago.
For some reason I am no longer able to get a connection using my Zoombrowser Software that came with the camera. Normally pluging the camera into the USB cable automatically starts Zoombrowser and opens the camera window. This has now stopped and when I try to download images after opening Zoombrowser manually I am told that there are no images on the camera.
I have tried to re load the driver, the software, etc without succes. I have also checked that the connection is there via Control Panel, settings, scanners, etc... and find that it is indeed connected.
All I know has changed since being able to use the camera is that I have used Reg Clean (Restoring the backup did not work) and I know that McAfe Virus scan has updated itself at one point.
It seems that something has got disconnected, perhaps within the registry or perhaps orphaned but I can not trace it anywhere.Or something needs deleting somewhere manually before re installing etc.
Does anyone have any suggestions that will enable me continue using my camera again.

Thanks

Mike

tbh72 09:19 30 Apr 03

Buy a USB Memory Card Reader. This is the only advice I am able to offer as I am not familiar with the canon family of products.

tbh72 09:21 30 Apr 03

click here

This is just one example of a multi card reader, you can of course choose your own model from your preffered retailer

GroupFC 10:10 30 Apr 03

I have seen this problem once before. Have you checked the batteries in the camera?

anchor 16:17 30 Apr 03

Another similar multicard reader, (less expensive)

click here

woodchip 16:30 30 Apr 03

Can you see the camera in Windows Explorer near the bottom as a camera icon or extra drive if you can you should be able to click on it to open pics, then right click pics and drag to a folder of choice then open with photo editor you will have to browse to the folder where you have put the pics

woodchip 16:31 30 Apr 03

PS camera should be switched on for viewing

Mike@#36 19:49 30 Apr 03

I may yet invest in a card reader as sugested, however a fresh battery 'and' for some reason a change of USB port has rectified the problem.

Thanks all

Mike

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…