Digital Camera Choice!

pcwhizz 17:41 16 Nov 03

I want to by a digital camera for about £150

I want it to take decent family photos.

I have a 0.3 million(Not very good) Have tried the polaroid (2.0mp) from argos but it wasn't any better.

Any One any good ideas?

Thanks

Stuartli 17:45 16 Nov 03

Key in "digital cameras" in the Search box on the index page and you'll find several very recent threads on this subject.

Djohn 18:17 16 Nov 03

Have a look at this review site, click on 2MP cameras and it will give you a good range to choose from.

The prices will be in US dollars, but will give you an idea of specifications and then you can narrow your choice down to two or three and search for UK suppliers. click here

Jester2K II 18:22 16 Nov 03

Go for at least 3 MP

hugh-265156 18:42 16 Nov 03

this is a good site with quite in depth reviews and you can view images taken with said camera to see what they look like.

click here

hoping santa will bring me one too.

mikef. 18:53 16 Nov 03

click here the Fuji
Finepix A303 deal for £159 is a cracking deal

Djohn 19:50 16 Nov 03

I agree with Jester2K II that a 3MP camera or higher is a better buy. The reason I suggested 2MP was to keep in your price range, but if you can find a 3MP with a good optical zoom then this will be the better buy. j.

howard60 20:30 16 Nov 03

I have a CANON power shot A 300 was £165 from cameras direct several months ago it is a 3.2 M pixel. fantastic camera.

anchor 09:36 17 Nov 03

With you limited budget go for more pixels, even if that means sacrificing an optical zoom. I speak having been a digital photographer for some years.

The Canon A300 as recommenced by howard60, seems excellent; review here:

click here

£149 from here, and would be price matched by local Jessops camera shops.

click here

I'm going for the Nikon CoolPix 2100 at £155.

click here

It has good reviews and some interesting features that I'm after.

anchor 13:40 17 Nov 03

It really comes down to choosing which is more important to you; an optical zoom lens, or higher resolution and sharper pictures. If the choose the latter, then the Canon A300 wins!.

Having looked at independent sample shots taken on both models, (of an identical subject), the 3.2Mpixel of the Canon shows a significantly sharper picture, compared with the 2.1Mpixel of the Nikon 2100.

As I said earlier, personally I would go for the better picture every time.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…