Digital Camera to CD

Old Shep 10:24 17 May 04

My friend has a digital camera and wants to download the film and stills to his pc (easy) and then put them onto a cd to play in his fathers dvd player (hard) Any ideas on how to do this please.

Diodorus Siculus 10:26 17 May 04

Copy them to the CD and most DVD players will view them - just check the DVD specs.

Old Shep 10:28 17 May 04

Thanks but he tried that and it did not work. His dvd player is compatable with all the usual cdr cdrw etc.

Diodorus Siculus 10:30 17 May 04

What format were the images? I have only done it once for a friend and copied them as jpegs with no problem.

MichelleC 10:34 17 May 04

Also you may have to convert the video film to mpeg format before burning (with Nero 6 et al).

Old Shep 10:38 17 May 04

Diodorus Siculus will have to get back to you on that one. MichelleC I did have a feeling it may have to be converted but then if he converts the film will it still copy both film and stills to play. Confusing isnt it.

MichelleC 13:33 17 May 04

I think you have to treat the 2 things as separate items. You burn pics as jpegs as Diodorus Siculus says and video as mpeg.

Old Shep 13:37 17 May 04

Thank you will try it when I see him.

Rigga 13:37 17 May 04

Just did this the other day.

Just choose a Video CD to burn instead of a data CD, and add the files through Nero or whichever burning sw you use.

It should then create as a video CD which can play in almost all DVD players.

Rigga.

stlucia 13:38 17 May 04

If your father's DVD player won't play the "raw" image files, you can create a slideshow on a video CD or super video CD (better quality) if you've got a CD burner, or on a DVD if you've got a DVD burner, using Nero or Roxio or one of the other major burning softwares.

Similar for video work.

Old Shep 13:39 17 May 04

Thank you Rigga will try that as well.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…