Digital camera av cable

reddwarfcrew 14:36 08 Nov 03

Does anyone know where I can find a replacement cable to connect my Canon IXUS 400 to my TV.

I've done some hunting around, but can seem to find anything.

Diemmess 14:41 08 Nov 03

If your camera has conventional AV socket/s, your nearest TV shop is a good bet unless like many VCRs only SCART cables are now stocked.

That leaves Camera shops (like Jessops) or Maplin if a direct approach to Canon is either not available or too expensive.

reddwarfcrew 15:03 08 Nov 03

a 3.5mm jack to mono audio + video.

Maplin's only seem to do stereo audio + video

Diemmess 15:45 09 Nov 03

I think you will be able to use the 3.5mm "stereo" jack. From memories of fiddling with connecting various audio recorders, radios and so on, the worst that will happen is audio only available only on one channel.

Since the camera has only one audio channel anyway, with luck you will have it available on both at the TV end. Certainly you won't damage anything in trying, the arrangement will apply the same audio signal to one or both audio channels. This is why I suggested your nearest TV shop, because the older cam corders used similar connections.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…