//some 3rd party need geo

Digital Camera Advice

rins36 00:54 24 May 03

Been on the click here web page as they are the ones that are to replace my broken digi camera & its all got a bit confusing 4 me

I have between £180 & £250 to spend, yes i know cheapskate payout from insurance claim, however the camera that i want to purchase needs to have smartmedia card for storage, with a zoom lens as an advantage

Does anyone know wht xd-picture card is?

Any advice appreciated

Thanks in advance

hugh-265156 00:57 24 May 03
  Djohn 00:59 24 May 03

Not sure what the "XD" stands for, but a good sight for camera reviews is, click here J.

hugh-265156 01:01 24 May 03

click here on that site seems good value

Totally-braindead 01:03 24 May 03

xd-picture card is another type of smartmedia if that is what you're asking. Can't say that I know of any real difference between the different formats, I've got an Olympus which takes smartmedia, my last camera was a HP which took compactflash, personally I'd go for a camera which takes one of these 2 types of smartmedia as I believe the xd cards are slightly more expensive. I also would not buy a camera that didn't have an Optical zoom lens, digital zoom is a waste of time have a look at click here as well they've usually got some good offers

DieSse 01:19 24 May 03

"but a good sight for camera reviews"

nice pun, whether intentional or not ..... ;-))

Djohn 01:24 24 May 03

I'd love to take the credit, but! Thick fingers, bad eyes, and a long day, well spotted. :o)

vaughan007 02:00 24 May 03

Aldi were selling a cracking digital camera last thursday (22/05/03). Dont know if u will be able to get one now though. It was a good camera for 200 quid, so if u can get one....buy it!

anchor 08:49 24 May 03

Consider the Canon A40 PowerShot. I read a review in a current digital camera magazine, which gave it "best buy", (in your price range). A comprehensive review is here.

click here

Prices here click here (from £199)

The XD is a smaller version on the now familiar compact-flash and smartmedia memory cards. Being quite new, it tends to be a bit more expensive.

jbaker65 10:32 24 May 03

Hi, look on USA eBay. I bought a Fuji Finepix Zoom 2600 last Christmas for $137 (£88). These still cost about £179 in England. Mine even came with a card reader. regards, John.

tamc98 11:23 24 May 03

I'd go for the Canon Powershot A70. It's constantly getting top ratings and can be found for under £250. It also takes compact flash memory which is cheaper than other formats such as memory stick and xd.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…