Digital camera advice

xclr8r 21:37 03 Nov 07

Hi,

My wife recently bought me a Fuji s6500fd digital camera for my birthday. I must admit I have never really been interested in photography but, getting this camera has changed all of that. I would like to know if anybody could recommend a good web site or any books, that would allow me to get the best out of this fantastic piece of equipment. I am really looking for how to get the best out of the camera, like differing the exposure times and stuff to meet the needs of the shots I am after. I am a total novice to be honest, and there are so many settings on the unit that it is bewildering for me. I am just used to picking the camera up, pointing and shooting. Although this camera takes great pics on auto, I really would like to get more out of it than that.
Regards,
Colin.

Technotiger 21:47 03 Nov 07

Digital Camera Magazine is as good a place to start as any ...

click here

hssutton 22:05 03 Nov 07

There is so much info on the web, that there is no need to buy mags, mind you after 40 years of photography I still buy them :), but to answer your question have a look here click here

Also join an on-line forum such as the DCM forum

Totally-braindead 22:07 03 Nov 07

Try the library they will probably have something. See if they have or can get click here one of these. The Dummies guides are excellent for the beginners but in my opinion are no use for reference after you've gone through it therefore personally I wouldn't buy it unless I had too.

hzhzhzhz 22:23 03 Nov 07

If,after studying the manual,you are stuck with something regarding the controls,settings,menus of the 6500,please feel free to contact me via yellow envelope.

paddy75 22:28 03 Nov 07

xclr8r,have a look at this site,one of the best on the net.Paddy click here

xclr8r 22:44 03 Nov 07

Thanks guys,

I knew that the helproom would point me where I needed to be. Paddy75, that site is the sort of thing I was looking for, looks absolutely great and easy to understand for a novice like me. hzhzhzhz, I may well take you up on your kind offer in the near future. As I have mentioned, I am a total novice and all help is greatly appreciated. Totally-braindead, I will look out for the book, as I have used this series before and found them very helpful.
Technotiger and hssutton, thanks for the links guys, will have a good read of all the info and tick this as resolved. I will let you guys know when I appointed as the next royal photographer, only joking.
Cheers,
Colin.

Technotiger 00:36 04 Nov 07

Cheers - enjoy your new camera. I have the Fuji F810, a brilliant little cam. click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…