Digital Camera

jim63 18:17 05 Nov 07

My wife got a free digital camera with an order. The only name I can find is SHARPER 1.M. It is also called Dual Camera when installed on pc. Trying to get vista driver for this but unable to find one. I know this may a cheap camera. When I connect it by usb it will not reconize it.
Would be glad of any advice.

woodchip 18:33 05 Nov 07

Doubt you will get Vista Drivers, that's why it's free. it will work on older operating systems. What happend when you tried loading the CD drivers and software?

aine 18:37 05 Nov 07

Has the camera got a memory card? if it has use a card reader to download any photos.My vista would not recognise my camera, this is a fujis5500.

aine 18:47 05 Nov 07

If you look on google, it should have the software for it. It is called Sharper mini camera, supplied by OVERSTOCK .com

Technotiger 18:57 05 Nov 07

I don't think it has a card, connects via USB, but does have its own software on CD.

45 Mart 19:09 05 Nov 07

I haven't installed the drivers for my camera, and it's always listed in "My Computer" as a "mass storage device". I can then just navigate to the folder created in there to access my photographs. Be worth checking. Don't look for any camera name, just check each usb storage device.

jack 19:53 05 Nov 07

Cameras as such do not have 'drivers' they are as 45mart suggests seen as Mass storage devices.
However some form of software is required if it is be used as a web cam.
But this may be generic and free - a Google may find something

woodchip 21:41 05 Nov 07

All Hardware Camera or otherwise use Drivers, Wether Provided by the Operating System or on a CD. I have Cameras that cannot be seen by windows unless the Drivers off the CD are loaded

jim63 07:44 06 Nov 07

I installed using disc supplied. Everything shows up but when I connect camera to usb port and click on download photos I get message saying connection error. Have tried the other suggestions posted but no use.

woodchip 13:36 06 Nov 07

If you loaded all the cd. Then Go to Windows Explorer, Press Win+E keys then go to bottom of tree on left, you should see a extra drive letter or a camera icon. But not always shows and some you have to go through Camera Software to get photos

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now