Digital Camera

El Motto 19:14 21 Sep 03

I've recently purchased an Olympus C4000z digital camera which is suppose to be 'plug & play' for Windows ME (my PC operating system) with USB link. However, switching the camera on does not give a new 'removable drive' in 'My Computer', but does show as a 'storage device' in the USB controller in Device Manager. Olympus recommended updating the driver to this 'storage device' by using their Windows 98 driver from their web-site (even though it is not supose to need it). This I did, but as soon as ME tried implementing the drive update to that device the PC 'hung' with the message "updating hardware database - 0%.

Do I have a Windows ME problem or a camera driver problem ? Any suggestions how to resolve this gratefully received ! Gerald.

dazzling (work) 19:19 21 Sep 03

i had a simillar problem with my camera .in the end i bought a usb card reader much quicker than downloading from camera and no problems at all.darren

Switcher 19:26 21 Sep 03

Agree with Dazzling suggestion go straight for USB card reader 6 in 1 will cost about £15-00 and has other uses also

El Motto 20:38 21 Sep 03

Thank you for that. You have confirmed what I suspected - a separate USB card reader seems to be the best answer here. Gerald.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…