digital camera

the kopite 07:46 10 Aug 03

Hi Guys Can anyone explain a way of putting a photo from a digital camera into a texe document Thanks the Kopite

Magik ®© 08:14 10 Aug 03

what programme do you have as a word processor.?

Stuartli 09:23 10 Aug 03

Normally you would create/configure the area where you wish the photo to be on the page, before Import(ing) the pic file from your My Pictures folder or whichever photo software program you use to manipulate the various files.

Unless quality is absolute, rename the pic file as a .jpeg or similar compressed form first.

Stuartli 09:26 10 Aug 03

A more specific thread title would probably have elicited more responses...:-)

the kopite 10:27 10 Aug 03

Hi Magik and Stuarth I was just using wordpad although I have lotus smartsuite loaded stuarth I tried what you said but all I got was a enlarged photo Is there anyway I can get thumbnail I am new to all this Thanks Guys

LAP 10:45 10 Aug 03

I don't think Lotus WordPro is that friendly in relation to pictures, but have a go. Just my opinion

Click Create, Frame, click OK and make sure cursor is flashing in the frame. Click File, Import Picture... Select 'your' picture from the drop down box and double click it. Should appear in the frame. I only use Wordpro for letters so someone else may help further in which case I follow the thread.

Magik ®© 20:03 10 Aug 03

hi,if you use "irfanview" which is a free image viewer programme, as used my thousands, and open the image in thumbnail view it can be saved as that...as lap said, Lotus is not very image friendly...

Stuartli 23:20 10 Aug 03

WordPad, although excellent, is not the best medium for the purpose - Word would be better or, if you have it, Publisher or similar programme.

Irfanview can be downloaded from here:

click here

Don't forget the plugins!

the kopite 06:32 11 Aug 03

Hi Guys Thanks for your response I have downloaded Irfanview. Stuartil you mentioned publisher so I looked through my old software and found microsoft home publishing is this the programe you mentioned Thanks again guys for your time and help the Kopite

Stuartli 10:11 11 Aug 03

Don't know about Home Publishing - Publisher is MS's main design program and in which I often write letters (despite the fact I have Word!)

Both are geared to handling pix and text in pages and e-mails can be sent using Send To (mail recipient) of a particular page(s).

siouxah1 12:51 11 Aug 03

You can still get pageplus 5 from Serif for free here. Desktop publisher etc.

click here

This should cover your requirements.
regards Brian j

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…