Digital Camcorder and transfering to a CD or DVD ?

Giggle n' Bits 00:29 20 Jul 04

ok, imagine I have a Digital camcorder and I want to transfer my movie/holiday snap things to a CD, or to DVD so I can play back on a DVD player.

Q. Do I need a DVD Wrtr or will a CD Wrtr do this. Is the Camcorder type of file the same as a DVD Film format ?

Daz35 01:05 20 Jul 04

The best way to transfer your digital films to a PC is use a firewire socket.

On your camera you should have a small socket that probably says DV. This is essentially the best way to transfer your tape.

click here will explain a bit more.

They're easy to install, as long as you've got an available expansion slot.

Once you've transferred the recordings, you can make a DVD or VCD for your video.

Obviously you will need a DVD writer for DVD, but you can also make a VCD using a CD writer and a 20p disk.

The quality isn't as good on a VCD, but I've found for showing family and friends holidays etc it's fine.

click here click here click here for more info on making DVD/VCD discs.

Daz35 01:07 20 Jul 04

If you buy the firewire card from the link I suggested you get a copy of Ulead 6, so you won't need to buy any software to make your discs!

accord 07:21 20 Jul 04

Spot on

Giggle n' Bits 11:22 20 Jul 04

interesting and good info, will get the firewire.

stlucia 13:06 20 Jul 04

With a CD burner only you can make SVCD disks, which are higher quality than CD. But, of course, you get much less time on a single disk.

siouxah1 19:52 20 Jul 04

DiDumms,

You might also like to take a browse here for all things video.

click here

Brian j

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…