Digital camcorder to CD Digital video.

ened 17:22 02 Jun 05

Hello

Can anybody possibly point me in the direction of some info on how to get the film off my wife's Sony camcorder and onto a CD so that it can be read by 'most DVD players'.
My burner is an LG.

I have Nero and B's Recorder Gold Basic.

I know it is possible to convert MPEG1 files using the above programmes but I don't know what format the Sony will dump the stuff on my computer with.
I am trying to find out as much as possible before embarking.

DieSse 17:31 02 Jun 05

First off you need a method to get the sound and vision into the computer. This depends on the outputs your camera has - Video/audio/Firewire/USB2 - or whatever - please let us know.

ened 17:50 02 Jun 05

It does have a USB facility and the software which came with it is pixmania.
We can download to her old laptop but have no way of getting large files off it. Also, for some reason it won't play the sound.
I don't want to start messing my machine up until I am sure of what I am doing.

oseven 19:42 02 Jun 05

An "old" laptop is not sufficiently powerful to do what you want.You need a fairly recent computer with lots of spare hard disc space and a CPU/video card, up to the task of capturing video at 25 frames per sec.
You then capture as AV1,do your editing then save as VCD or better still as SVCD>

DieSse 20:01 02 Jun 05

Are you on WinXP in your system. If you are, then Windows Movie Maker may be all you need. You can probably just connect up the camera and it will work - I did this with a friends camera not long ago - nothing special to do at all.

ened 06:21 03 Jun 05

In the first instance I will give that a go.

ened 06:24 03 Jun 05

In the first instance I will give that a go.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…