digital camcorder

snoopy123 16:54 30 Jun 03

I'm looking for a digital dv camcorder able to download still and video trough usb port but the maggiority has firewire connection.
Should I install a firewire port on my pc?
Most makes are not so clear in describing this function.
Is usb compateble more expensive?
For example Sony dcrtrv19 or Canon mv630i.
Could samebody halp me?
thank you.

Pamy 18:33 30 Jun 03

snoopy 123,

May I suggest that you purchase the camcorder of your choice based on its many other features first.

If you can afford it I would suggest that you have DV in and DV out, then you can edit back to the camcorder (usefull).

If the camcorder has firewire, then install a firewire card in your computer(about £25).If it only has USB then you have no problem. If it has both USB and firewire then install firewire card ( I think personally that firewire is better)

Regards , Pamy

LAP 19:11 30 Jun 03

snoopy123,, i agree with Pamy go for the firewire. When i download video using Movie Maker 2 (win xp) i have control via on screen buttons of my video camera which makes for much easier use. Like everything the better the kit usually means it costs more..Lap..

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…