digimate lcd 17inch monitor, VGA driver

The GnoMe 18:23 29 May 06

Hi all,
i have just reinstalled win xp home on my office computer.
the screen resolution is only 640 by 480 pixels and the colour quality is only 4 bit.

i cannot change this in the display options.
When i click advanced and look under monitor it says default monitor with no option to change it.

under device manager there is a big yellow question mark over video controller (vga compatiable)
i have tried to search for the drivers but i do not know what video card is in the machine.
i have tried looking at system information but it just says under , components, problem devices, that the VGA driver is not configured correctly.
i have tried windows update but cannot find anything

please can you help me

Ryan

Diodorus Siculus 18:29 29 May 06

click here
SIW will ID the graphics card for you

Totally-braindead 19:35 29 May 06

Its not the monitor thats the problem, as Diodorus Siculus has said its the graphics card, its not installed properly and SIW should be able to tell you what graphics card you have. I've got a Digimate 17" TFT and I've got it set as a Plug and Play monitor as there wasn't a driver for it and thats what I was told to use and its perfect. But windows will probably not let you change your monitor to anything else until you get the graphics card driver installed.

The GnoMe 09:58 30 May 06

I cant find out what video card it is, below is some of the information from the siw download i did. Can anyone else please help me sort out this problem

Property Value

Device ID PCI\VEN_8086DEV_2562SUBSYS_013D1028REV_01\313C0B0C5010

Property Value
Status 0x01802400 Has Problem

Property Value
Problem 0x0000001c (28)

Property Value
Physical Object Name \Device\NTPNP_PCI0001

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…