DigiCam Trio 3in1 Camera Unit

spuds 22:06 08 Feb 03

Just a little help in deciding whether to purchase one of these units.Serif [Gadjet Shop]are offering these 3in1 digital camera,webcam, camcorder devices for under £24.00.Looks okay, as a slip in the top pocket type of thing. As anyone had any experience of this product, if so can you tell me what are your views.Thanks in anticipation!!.

jazzypop 23:03 08 Feb 03

I have just set up one for a friend who bought it for her daughter.

Pros -

Very small, neat

Works pretty well as a webcam

Good bundled software

Cons -

Useless in low light (anything indoors when you would normally have the lights on) - simply refuses to take a picture

Very small, grainy stills

A little fiddly to understand the brief instructions and setup.

Overall, they were very pleased with it, but disappointed that it would not take pictures at all in lowish light levels. I pointed out that this was common to many of these ultra-cheap digital devices.

spuds 23:17 08 Feb 03

Thanks jazzypop.Just wanted it for the out and about,wish I had taken a photograph of that type of usage, due to the smallish size and cheap price.Do you have any info on the battery life and photo capacity ratio!.

jazzypop 01:59 09 Feb 03

All I know is that the supplied batteries were flat.

'High'-res is 80 shots, 'Low'-res is 100.

Pesala 09:04 09 Feb 03

click here

I wouldn't recommend such low quality devices at all. Philips Toucam Pro is best webcam. For digital photographs you need to pay a lot more. Better to use a film camera and desktop scanner.

£25 is very cheap, but you could buy a half-decent film camera for that price.

spuds 11:21 09 Feb 03

Thanks jazzypop/pesala for the response.
Pesala,I have a 'reasonable'digital camera,one of those Kodak special internet buys and a good webcam.Just thought that I could perhaps use the cheapy DigiCam as a top pocket use it anywhere 'fun' camera.Also have a couple of good SLR cameras and gizmo's,but the only problem is waiting for the end results (;o).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…